Tuesday, July 20, 2010

now I know my ABC's...

I just love when I see the "lightbulb" go on with my kiddos. Corbin has always been an early bloomer when it comes to communication, letters, and words. He loves books and stories and watching LeapFrog videos that teach about vowels and consonants. Well, just last Sunday before church he started putting words together with "glue" (=vowels). A simple consonant, vowel, consonant word... then he sounded the letters out and read it fast and couldn't believe that he'd read a word.... all on his own! So, I made about a dozen words for him on the fridge....
Before I knew it he was reading a bunch of self-made words! (I apologize about his choice of a pointer finger. We haven't made issue of it yet to correct him and hope it doesn't offend anyone.)


Of course, now Corbin has a lot of teaching to do.... Quinton won't be left behind!

3 comments:

Les Champs Elysees said...

Jeff & Holly - Such a beautiful family. Hope you guys are doing well. It's been way too long - your boys are getting so big.

Aaron

Elise said...

AWESOME! Isn't it fun to see him take off with reading? I can't wait until Everett is interested enough. I love the finger he uses to point. Everett does that same thing. I wonder how they get into the habit of that? We haven't made an issue of it, either.

What a bright boy. If I was a school teacher, I'd love to have him in my class.

Anonymous said...

No doubt in my mind that these boys will be smart. They have such a great teacher to learn from!