Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Frustration...

Just a quick update, I know I failed to update you all last week but that was because I had no progress.... and again this week there is NO PROGRESS! Grrr......! My boys have a mind of their own. I know I'm not 40 weeks until Monday (the 19th) so I shouldn't be stressed, but my parents and Jeff's sister have been here from AZ since Monday and it would be nice for them to meet this little guy. Besides that, I am SO DONE being pregnant. I know my sleep won't be any better and I'll still be somewhat uncomfortable but I don't like carrying around a baby inside of me... I would like to hold and love on him in my arms and then let someone else do the same for a while! Any takers?

So, I woke up this morning at 3am with contractions about every 10 minutes.... then Corbin woke up at 4am with a fever and coughing.... so I decided to stay in bed and try to rest until my contractions were closer.... but they never did get closer. Finally after a hot shower, some breakfast, and a vigorous 1 hour walk my contractions stopped altogether. NO!! So, I took a nap with my boys this afternoon and my parents took an adventure up the canyon to see the fall display of colors and still nothing. But, I feel better because I am rested now. I'm trying Red Raspberry Tea, oils, pressure points, massage, Castor oil on the belly, and lots of walking. Any other suggestion to help induce labor naturally? We really want to meet this little guy SOON!

PS- we think we have the name all picked out! Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

there is one way to induce labor, hehe, but it's up to you how you are feeling. ;)

Anonymous said...

Tell him to hurry up already! We are dying to meet him :) Let me know if you need anything... can't wait to get the call that you're in labor!!

THE LIFE OF THE CHRISTENSEN'S said...

You can tell he is just as StUbBoRn as his old man! I can't wait to hold that little, who won't be so little if he keeps bakin', baby boy in my arms!

Natalie Sue said...

You have every right to be frustrated. I really thought it just might happen this week too. I'm so sorry that your parents have left. Big bummer. But, It's so great that they will be back soon! They won't miss too much! Best of luck! If I learn of any other ways, I will let you know. When you are past your due date, we can try some more tricks...

Jessica Steed said...

I've heard a breastpump is a good way to induce labor.

10 min every hr or two.


good luck!