Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Buddies

Corbin and Quinton have arrived at that stage of playing together for more than 5 minutes at a time.... appropriately. I love watching their brotherly love unfold. They run through the house chasing each other and giggling, wrestling, reading books together, playing outside together, bathing together. When Corbin is at preschool for 1.5 hours twice a week Quinton walks around looking for him. Although Quinton doesn't talk much, they seem to understand each other just fine.... and enjoy conversations together often...
I think the wrestling/cuddling is pretty cute (at this age). I do hope it stops by the time they're in Junior High though.

The other day I was on the computer and they were SILENT... which I assumed meant trouble so I snuck around the corner into their room and found them reading books and playing together so nicely.... AMAZING!

They also enjoy watching movies/cartoons together now...
I love that they're beginning to bond so well. Hopefully their new baby brother will just be another part of the mix in a year or so...
"Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero." ~Marc Brown

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh man, I LOVED when my boys finally would play together. Years later, they are still the best of friends. Of course there's an occasional argument... but overall they get along very well. And now it's fun to see Paige tagging along too.
I can't believe how big Quinton is looking. He's about to catch up to Corbin in size!

Anonymous said...

I knew they would be best buddies! Wait till all 3 get bigger and Jeff jumps in to show the boys he's still got "IT"!

Rocky, Jessica & Samantha said...

I loved your "Buddies" update....I can't tell you how much we miss seeing you guys. The weather is finally getting nice so please come out and visit soon. (Christmas/Thanksgiving)

<3 you tons,
Jessica, Rocky and Samantha

Unknown said...

It's my favorite thing when I think quiet means trouble, and it really means reading time.