Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pitter Patter....

... goes the sound of little feet.
Friday night I was making Quinton's 1st birthday cake in the kitchen and as I worked I watched and listened as Quinton learned to walk. He hasn't needed or wanted a lot of encouragement. He just stands up right where he is and starts walking.... without a target! He holds is Frankenstein arms out and as he gets going faster he starts to giggle as he realizes he's doing it. It's pretty cute.
(pause music)


Q is certainly our little dare-devil. At this same age Corbin was just learning to transition his crawl from the army-scoot to his hands and knees. Corbin didn't walk until he was 14 months and Quinton will be 1 on Tuesday... so he's ahead of the game when it comes to physical feats.
There is something bittersweet about watching your baby take their first steps. I know it's a blessing in disguise because a new baby is on the way, but I'm already missing my baby Q.

5 comments:

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

I can't believe he is walking already! They grow too fast... like my little girl who isn't suppose to be here being 3 weeks old already... and you're almost half way done with this pregnancy... crazy how time flies!!!

Alicia said...

I feel ya! Ka'imi is walking all over too!

Chad and Amanda said...

Love the video! I can't believe he is walking and I can't see it in person.

Kate said...

Congrats on boys #3! So exciting. And little Q is just too cute. I'm with Amanda... I miss seeing your boys in person. But the video is awfully cute!

Mandy said...

Isn't it nice to have the crawling stage over though! No more eating anything and everything on the carpet! Kimball started walking at 11 months too!