Thursday, April 23, 2009

Moving

I do have pictures... lots actually of a variety of things that I will blog about later, but the camera is downstairs and I'm too tired to go get it and upload the pics. But I have to get this out of my system:

I HATE MOVING!!!!

I figured out last night that our move to Utah this weekend will be the 10th move of my lifetime (including college). It seems to get harder every time because you accumulate more STUFF. I won't lie, this move is not only hard because of STUFF (because the last 9 times I moved it was just Jeff and I or just me), but also the hardest move emotionally for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be starting a new chapter of my life, even if it means braving the snow as an AZ-native with 2 (almost 3) young kids, but it is hard to leave family and close friends with whom we've built a comfy little niche with.

We're leaving our first home we've ever owned (but it's under contract to sell so that is a relief), and all the things that make AZ home for me like: the sunsets, the smell of rain in the desert, monsoon season, thunderstorms, family, friends, city-life, swimming pools, splash pads at every mall and nearly every park, the SUN (yes, I don't mind it), the mountains 2 hours away, the beach 4 hours away, the cabin, the memories.




Utah will hold many opportunities for us though and I have no doubt we will all be happy there. Besides, we have family there too and it really is my 2nd home. So, here's to getting through the next 24-48 hours until we land in Utah. Ready or not.... here we come.

(I may be MIA, missing in action, the next few days, so please forgive me. I'll be back.)

7 comments:

Kristin, Scott, Emily and Eric said...

If you need to stop for a nap in Cedar City, you're welcome to! We have toys, pack n' play, and a guest bedroom. Let us know! 435 865 1503 .

Elise said...

Oh Holly, I'm sorry to hear that you'll be missing AZ. Moves are tough. Have you been able to get rid of some things? I'm so glad your house is under contract! That is really, really nice. And boy, what a cute house! No wonder you'll be sad to leave it.

How's baby #3, by the way?

Anonymous said...

I know it will be hard to leave your 1st comfy home...and your family. Remember...that your family is a phone call away...a blog away... and only 10 hour drive away. And don't forget a web cam (that was the best way to see my grandchildren anytime I wanted I didn't feel so far away with that). We(our family) hope we can fill in alittle of the void while you start your new chapter in life.
We love you and can't wait to see you!

THE LIFE OF THE CHRISTENSEN'S said...

I know nothing I can say can make this easier for you, Holly. I can't imagine moving 10 hours away from my family, friends and my
1st home. I start to cry just thinking about how hard this must be on you. You are an amazing wife, mom, daughter and sister. Jeff is extremely lucky to be married to somebody so giving and we are so lucky to have you part of our family. Know that we love you and can't wait to be part of your next chapter. Love ya, Haley

Mandy said...

Holly, I know it is hard! But, you will thrive...you always do and make the place where you are home...Here's to getting through the next 24 hours! We love you!

Kate said...

Hope you are getting a good night's sleep! We miss you already. Just going over to your house tonight and knowing that you were gone for good was too sad. Thanks for everything. I wish I could have been more helpful today. We love you guys!!!

Unknown said...

Wow. Such a huge step in life. What a change! I wish you and your little family the best.