Sunday, November 2, 2008

Applie pie in the sky

My mom gave me a few Washington apples from the huge box she ordered last week. Instead of putting them in my cripser for afternoon snacks I decided to make pies out of them. I used THE Pioneer Woman's recipe from here, and it truly is scrumptious... and not too hard to make! First you make your super easy pie crusts. Then you wash your apples.

Then peel, core, and slice them.

(...and eat a few peels as you go... and share a few with your naked fire chief whose sitting on the counter in his brother's bumbo, trying to "help")

Next you put your apple mixture in your pie crust.

Then add the crumb topping.

Then bake it, and let your house be filled with some yummy fall aromas!

Finally, you can cut it...

... and top it with ice cream while it's still warm, and DEVOUR IT! mmmmmmmmmmmm!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love the pioneer woman. She's one of my favorite websites. You'll have to try her lasagna sometime - its amazing! Oooh... and her apple dumplings are absolutely sinful. Your pie looks so good :)

Anonymous said...

You are becoming quite the baker. I'm impressed!!!

Mandy said...

Holly, I have been craving apple pie for weeks!

THE LIFE OF THE CHRISTENSEN'S said...

Could you come to my house and be our Betty Crocker?

Natalie Sue said...

Wow Holly...you are amazing. Sometimes I get really hungry after I come to your blog! :)

Dusty said...

dang... that looks good. Now i'm hungry for apple pie