Monday, November 10, 2008

I did it!

Yes... I graduated with my Master's Degree on Saturday, finally! We trekked all the way to Glendale for commencement in the University of Phoenix (aka- Cardinals) stadium.



When I started my program, Corbin was only 10 months old. Needless to say it has been a long haul with many changes for the the past 17 months.

I owe Jeff a million more of these (kisses) for all his help, support, reassurance, and belief in me to seize this dream of mine. Every Thursday night for a year he watched Corbin so I could attend class... and then once Quinton arrived and I changed my schedule he was victorious in keeping the kids busy so I could sit at the computer and finish 2 online and 2 directed study courses... including my thesis!

Now I am officially a "Master" in Education, receiving my MAED with an emphasis in Adult Education and Training. Hopefully, I'll soon land a job teaching classes online or in the evenings at a local community college or university.

These are several of my classmates who helped keep the "ride" worthwhile. When I had Quinton in June I stopped attending class with all of them and it was so fun to meet up with so many of them and walk together, although I'm surprised they recognized me without my pregnant belly, blonde hair and with my graduate garb on. :)

Thanks to my family for coming to watch me walk and cheer me on.


I couldn't have done it without all of you! You have no idea how good it feels to no longer have homework and deadlines hanging over my head that I have to hurry and finish during nap times. In 2 weeks I will have my last paper handed in and hopefully, that means more time for blogging!

12 comments:

Alison said...

Congratulations! what an accomplishment!

Alicia said...

Wow. You. Are. Amazing! Really! I am so proud of you! :D That is HUGE! Like, being-a-mom-of-two-boy HUGE!!! Congratulations!!!!

Tiffanie said...

Holly!!!! Congrats! You seriously are so amazing! And Jeff too! So happy for you!

Thanks for nominating our blog. I'll do that soon!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you! What a huge accomplishment. And by the way... I am seriously loving your brown hair. It looks amazing on you.

Thanks for the blog nomination. You said some very sweet things - made my day!

Rachel Mae said...

Way to go!! That's so impressive to do while you have kids. I don't know how you did it. Very admirable indeed.

Thanks for the nomination!

Farrah said...

Congrats Holly! That is awesome! You are truly dedicated. What a great accomplishment!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I'll bet that's a HUGE relief to have that finished!

Natalie Sue said...

Congratulations, Holly! That is awesome, amazing, wonderful, incredible! You have accomplished so much! That is so neat. I'm really happy for you!

Anonymous said...

DITO, DITO, DITO! As I was reading your blog about your special day, I couldn't help but cry. Wishing we were there. We are so proud of you and Jeff for the accomplishments you both have made in the last 6 years. I know it has been hard, but worth it. We wish you both happiness and success in the future ahead. Love you, Dick and Christie

Jessica Steed said...

Congratulations. I'm so happy for you. You deserve a break!

Strong Family said...

Congratulations Holly...and boys! Isn't it the best feeling to finish something like this? Good Job!

Karla said...

I am so happy for you! Way to go! I totally admire your ambition. You are awesome! PS - I love your brown hair. :)