Monday, November 17, 2008

Preschool

I stumbled upon the Gilbert Recreation catalog a few weeks ago and found a Mom/Tot Preschool class at out local library and thought it would be perfect for Corbin. We signed him up thinking it would be the perfect thing to for him to get some one-on-one time with mom for an hour every Friday for the next 10 weeks. He was so excited that he wanted to put his backpack on everyday and go to preschool, so we had to make a chain to count down the days since he really has no concept of time yet. Well, Friday was his first day and as soon as he took the last link off the wall he was asking me where his backpack was.

I think he was more excited to wear his backpack than to actually meet his teacher, sit in his chair, and play with the other kids.

Of course I completely spaced taking any pictures during the preschool class. Turns out he is the only boy among 7 girls! He didn't even notice. This week the theme was frogs so he learned about the letter F, the color green, the number 5, and the shape of a heart (a lily pad). He actually brought the frog he made home and laid it on his pillow so he could sleep with it during naptime.... so cute.

And so it begins.... the adventures of preschooling.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

That's my boy... He is already starting off right, in a class with 7 girls. "kissing Tag" here he comes. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh he's getting so big! He is almost the age Jeffrey was when he went to pre-school for the first time, because his mom had to go to work. Jeffrey had a better time of going than me leaving him. It just about broke my heart. I was a stay at home mom up till that point and he was my baby.

THE LIFE OF THE CHRISTENSEN'S said...

I'm thinking Krew could fit in that backpack and he could go to preschool with Corbin.

Unknown said...

Oh, that is too cute! They grow up way too fast!!!