Friday, May 2, 2008

Last Chance Getaway...

Last weekend, with less than 5 weeks to go before I become a busy mother of 2 BOYS I took advantage of a weekend road trip across the border into Mexico. Not to worry, I was only with my mom, dad, grandpa, sister, and cousin, on our way to Puerto Penasco... AKA: Rocky Point. The short 4 hours wasn't bad being 8 months pregnant and although I missed spending time with my mother and sister-in-law who were in town I relished my time relaxing by the sea for Mandy's last weekend before her big move to Washington. For those of you haven't been to Rocky Point lately it has changed into a little American resort town with about 17 new resort condo buildings owned mostly by native-Arizonans. We stayed in a nice 2-bedroom ocean view rental condo right on the beach and this was what we woke up to each morning...
After spending a hard day at the beach reading, sleeping, shopping, swimming, and visiting we ventured into downtown Rocky Point to enjoy the culture, food, and "night life". We had a great time at Flavio's eating our seafood, sipping our Pina Coladas and Strawberry Daiquiri's, and watching the sunset as we were serenaded by Mariachis.
Thanks to my mom for the invite and the hospitality and to my husband for letting me go alone, without Corbin to enjoy my last real peace of adult sanity for a time. I'll be back and next time I'll bring all 3 of my boys to play with! :) Until then, this will be but a serene memory I'll savor for many months until life turns "normal" again.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I'm. Jealous. :D

Chris said...

That is really funny!!! We're thinking about going there tomorrow or Tues. Gotta love the desperation for a last minute getaway before your world is changed dramatically. Hope to see you guys soon!

Jessica Steed said...

I can't believe you traveled so close to your due date! Were you uncomfortable?
It looks like you had a great time.
I traveled with my family (and w/o Mark) for a fishing trip while I was pregnant with Jaxon. It was terrible, we all got the flue in this tiny cabin and I ended up in the ER. I am glad you had a better time.
Your pictures are great!

Natalie Sue said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun - and what a good idea! I know.. life will be crazy very soon... I can't believe June is SO close! I'm so excited for you.