Thursday, October 1, 2009

Home Haircuts

Does your family have a tradition like this? The boys in my family always had their haircut by my mom until my brothers were old enough to care more.... but my mom still cuts my dad's hair.

While on his mission Jeff cut the hair of other Elders and young kids in D.C. Sometimes he cuts his own hair! So, since I'm not skilled in this area he cuts our boys' hair on a regular basis now. One good reason we're having all boys thus far....
First, dad has to remind the boys not to MOVE!
Then he gets to work... and there is much concentration on both ends.
When you're done, you have to show off your muscles, or arm pits....
....along with your haircut and cheesy grin.
Q doesn't hold still long, but he did get a trim. Jeff is adamant about keeping his blond wavy hair longer.... we'll see how long that lasts.
So.... anyone else out there do home haircuts? If so, who does them-- mom or dad? What other money-saving traditions does your family have?

7 comments:

Christina Bishop said...

Fun post! I love the muscle/armpit picture :) I cut Nick's hair. We bought a set when we were engaged and I've cut his hair for 2 years (except twice at an ultra busy time of my masters this past year). I also cut Daniel and David's hair at BYU when they needed it. It was like the Bishop Barbershop! I miss good ol' Provo.

Sara said...

Holly! I found your blog from Elisa's. I'm glad you have one! Ours is babyoblad.blogspot.com. Hope your baby comes soon! :)

Sara said...

PS- I cut both Tyson and Lawson's hair too. :)

Elisa said...

Cute pictures!
Growing up my mom always cut our hair and then I learned from her. I cut all my brother's hair when I was in high school. And now, as my brothers come up to BYU I'm their official barber! I even cut my mom's hair when she's in town :)
I think it is just adorable (and Jeff would probably hate that I'm using the word adorable, I know Nathan would) that Jeff is one cutting the hair!

Anonymous said...

Ryan cuts his own hair... but since we keep Hayden's hair long, we get his cut somewhere. And I wait 6 months to get my hair cut and highlighted because I never can find the time... so that saves money even if it's inadvertently! :)

THE LIFE OF THE CHRISTENSEN'S said...

I tried trimming Krew's while he was asleep a couple nights ago since he is petrified to get his hair cut, it didn't go so well especially since he only has part of his hair cut now. When he was younger I was able to go and have his hair cute while he was a sleep but not so much now. I'm jealous your boys are that good during a hair cut.

Alicia said...

Cam cuts all the boys hair in this house. :)