Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

How appropriate that the first official day of summer is Father's Day!
To me, dad's and summer both mean fun!
We have so many dads in our life that are special to us, here's a small tribute.

Life Lessons
You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.
Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.
Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be
The (woman)(man) I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.
I've grown up with your values,
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful kid.
By Joanna Fuchs

My dad, Scott is not only the best dad a girl could ask for but a great grandpa as well. As I looked through trying to find pictures of him there were only pictures of him teaching or playing with my boys. This is the last picture of he and Corbin before we left AZ. My parents gifted my boys with their own mini-hammers and here my dad sat in the backyard teaching Corbin how to pound a nail in to wood and then take it out again. Basics. We miss you dad/grandpa! Happy Father's Day!
Then there is Royd, Jeff's dad. Jeff has so many fond memories of summers with his dad: sitting in his truck, visiting the Hill Air Force Base, and hunting. He made a special trip to AZ when we got married and again when we just moved back to Utah. He helped us pack, load, drove our moving truck, helped me keep the boys entertained on the long drive, and then helped us move it all into our storage unit. He is the fun grandpa with the big truck and waterfall in his backyard. We love dad/Grandpa! Happy Father's Day!
When I first learned that Jeff had had 3 fathers in his life I asked him if he felt jipped. He explained to me that it was just the opposite.... what other kid gets 3 dads in their life? He viewed it as lucky to have 3 dads to learn from and bond with. Dick has been his step-dad for almost 20 years. Jeff has enjoyed golfing, hunting, and talking law-enforcement with Dick. Currently we are lucky to be living with grandpa-Dick, and Corbin and Quinton have learned he is the fun grandpa with a motorcycle and a bike. We love you Dick/Grandpa! Happy Father's Day!
Finally, the father of our family Jeff. He has the biggest heart and completely adores his boys! He hates leaving them in the morning and loves coming home to hear about their day. Jeff is not only the fun daddy that is willing to drop anything and play with his kids, but he also understands the value of hard work and loves to teach Corbin and Quinton new things. When Jeff has work to do around the house, you can be his 2 shadows (Corbin and Quinton) will be following close behind trying to "help." Jeff is so patient and understanding with them and sometimes I think he's more excited to see them than he is to see me. There is certainly a special father-son bond between Jeff and his boys. I'm lucky to have such a good partner in raising boys.
SLC Bees game
Fun in the AZ sun
flying kites on Utah Lake
Hero Dad
You are my hero, Dad
You're my secure foundation.
When I think of you, I'm filled with love
And fond appreciation.
You make me feel protected;
I'm sheltered by your care.
You're always my true friend;
When I need you, you're always there.
You have a place of honor
Deep within my heart.
You've been my superhero, Dad,
Right from the very start.
By Joanna Fuchs

Hope you all pamper your father's today! They work so hard for us and yet seem to always be accused of playing. It's a hard balancing act they juggle. Happy Father's Day to all you dads!

3 comments:

stephanie said...

What a nice tribute to all the special 'Dad's'! We depend so much on them, they should know how much we love them.

Anonymous said...

Holly, great job! Hope all had a special Father's Day.

Jeff said...

I want to say THANKS to my Beautiful wife for all that she does for our family. I had a wonderful day yesterday on my Fathers Day. I also want to thank the fathers in my life that have played an impact on me in life.
Thanks,
Jeff