Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Life Chapter 3: More Change

"They" (whoever that is) always say that the most consistent thing in life is change. Such is the case in our house in the last few weeks. If you haven't heard the recent news it is two-fold:
1) we are pregnant
and
2) we are moving back to Utah
Shocked? So am I.

Baby #3 is definitely a surprise, especially since when we found I was still nursing my 8 month old BABY! Hello?! Quinton and his younger sibling will only be 16 months apart. Corbin will barely be 3... so come October 19th (my due date) I will have 3 kids ages 3 and under. That was never part of the "plan", but plans CHANGE and hopefully for good reason. Besides, I know the Lord wouldn't bless me with anything I couldn't handle. So my mantra these days is:
"I can do this, I can do this...."
Anyway, we feel lucky to be parents again, regardless of the time frame so here is a peek at our little peanut from our ultrasound on Friday. So glad it is only 1! :)

The other news comes by way of an internal transfer through Jeff's work, Grand Canyon University. Their campus in Bluffdale, UT contacted him 2 weeks ago about transferring and after a week of awaiting the news we got word Friday afternoon that he got the position and that his start date it FRIDAY, MAY 1st. So, our heads have been spinning all weekend trying to break the news to family and friends near and far... and then get a handle on the task(s) at hand: house-hunting (for a rental) and packing. Those of Jeff's family in Utah are ecstatic (needless to say), and my family has mixed emotions. They are happy for Jeff and the opportunity he'll have to move up in the company and look toward career options, but sad to see us go. It's hard to move away from your comfort zone.... but, "we can do this, we can do this."

So, if you know if anyone who wants to buy a house in Mesa, AZ-- ours is still for sale. And if you know of anyone who has a home to rent somewhere in Utah County let us know-- we're interested.

Chapter 1: Young married life, working, no kids, living in Orem, UT.
Chapter 2: Moved to Mesa, AZ, new jobs, bought first house, new parents.
Here's to the Moss family life chapter 3: back to UT, new job, another child, more change.

Back to Jeff's beloved mountains...4 seasons...and snow...



18 comments:

Kay said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! And hope the move goes well for you guys!!

Strong Family said...

Congratulations on the new little one! That is crazy and exciting all rolled into one package! We are excited to have you guys moving back here. We'll keep an ear out for rentals.

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

we are definately one of those in the mixed category excited for you and sad, but mostly just sad for us cause we will miss you guys! If you need help... an afternoon without kids to pack, anything please let us know! (and don't hesitate just because I'm getting to that big prego stage... the stage your in is often much harder!)

THE LIFE OF THE CHRISTENSEN'S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE LIFE OF THE CHRISTENSEN'S said...

I'm one of the ECSTATIC ones (to say the least). I am counting down the days until you are here. I'm looking for places for you to rent but only in our area. :)

Alison said...

Congratulations! How exciting for your family. I am way excited you guys will be coming back to Utah! As far as homes go most people who are trying to sale are also trying to rent their house. I don't know any in Bluffdale but they are everywhere in utah county. Good Luck! You are welcome over anytime!

Kate said...

I'm excited for your new baby. And I'm just plain sad about the move. Totally selfish reasons, of course. However, we do go up to Utah every now and then... and now we'll just have one more visit to make while we're there. Ch-ch-ch-changes...

Anonymous said...

It was good chatting with you last night. We're beyond thrilled on all levels for everything that is going on in your lives. And if anyone can handle all these changes, it's you my dear. Lots of love and well wishes your way!

Angie said...

Congratulations are in order. BIG changes are coming your way. 3 was BIG for me. Hopefully we'll see you guys a little more often.

Rachel Mae said...

Wow! Amazing! We're so excited you're moving and will keeps our eyes out for a place (though you probably want northern UT County, right?). Congrats on the baby. You can do it!

Unknown said...

WOW!! Congrats!! exciting and crazy stuff! Look at you go, little miss super mom :) You are awesome. good luck on the big move. Wish I was closer so I could help you out.

Unknown said...

You're going to be BUSY this month.
No worries if you can't take the time out for a get together (did you get my email?). I totally understand.

Congrats on the fun changes!

Tiffanie said...

I'm so excited. I'm so excited. I'm so excited. I love that picture of the mountains and Utah Lake.

Mandy said...

Holly we are so excited for you! I wish we were there to help you with all of the packing and work through all of the emotion that comes with these changes!

Natalie Sue said...

Oh Holly, I'm smiling and crying for you all at the same time. What big news! Does this mean that Tiff and I better get ready for number 3 too? You know, we can't break tradition! J/K... we might not keep caught up with you on this one. But you will do GREAT. You are amazing!!! You CAN do it, I know it. I'm so excited that you are headed back to Utah! We need to get together. It would be so much fun. All our kiddos can finally meet each other! I'll keep my eyes open for rentals... my parents live near Bluffdale. Good luck!

nichole said...

congrats on the job and the pregnancy! we are excited to have you closer to us. please let us know how we can help.

Cardon Family said...

I totally know how you are feeling with baby #3 on the way! That is exactly what happened to us! But you can do it.....I am not going to lie though....the first two months were hard for me getting into a good routine, but you will do great! I am excited for you guys!

Bodell said...

Wow! Congratulations... a little late, but I usually am! ;) You ARE gonna be busy! I don't know many woman who have accomplished as much as you have! You are amazing! I am thrilled for you for both the move and the pregnancy. Change brings growth... well if you do good with it... which you always do! Love you! Really, congrats on everything!