Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The F'OSCARS 2009

One reason for our lack of posts lately is due to our participation in our ward's F'OSCARS (or fake Oscars). This is the inaugural annual event in our ward and as the Ward Executive Secretary (with mad editing and budding-photography skills) and the Laurel Advisor, Jeff and I got to participate in this big event. You're probably wondering what in the world the F'OSCARS are? Well, here is a brief run-down: The youth are broken into small "casts" and given a topic (or 2) from the For the Strength of Youth Pamphlet in which they write their own script, use their own costumes, set, and props to film a 5 minute movie. The leaders then "professionally" edit the films and they are passed to the "Academy" for review. The night of the F'OSCARS is a black-tie, red carpet affair where the youth come in their gowns and bling to receive awards in 17 different categories. It was ablast! Jeff and I spent a lot of time filming, editing, decorating, outfitting, and photographing the event. The film titles this year were:
Modest is Hottest
The Adventures of Language Man & Honesty Girl
Attack of the Evil I-Pod
Health Z-Man Style
Wednesday Night Fever
Turtle and Hare: When Animals Run
The Do's and Don'ts of Dating
Here is a small slideshow from the big night (Jeff actually took over 250 pics, so this is really just a glimpse):

7 comments:

Unknown said...

VERY fun!

Anonymous said...

Wondered where you went? Great job! Looks like you had fun.

Cam said...

What a fun idea!!!!! Imma haveta pass that along to friends in the Youth Program...

Alicia said...

That was me. I didn't realize Cam was logged in!!!!

Jennifer Parcell said...

How fun! I wanna copy! And yes I was starting to wonder where you had gone! p.s. how is the house selling going?

Kate said...

I remembered on Thursday morning. I wish we had gone! Looks so fun!

Mandy said...

I missed you, but it looks like you had a blast! I just got called as our ward's first counselor in YW...so if you have any other great ideas, send them my way!