Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pies

MMmmmm.... Yesterday most Arizonans woke up to an overcast, rainy, cool fall day. Jeff and I had put up our Christmas tree the night before and with the lights on, the windows open, the smell of cool rain in the air and with 3 empty pie plates on the counter, it was the perfect morning to bake our Thanksgiving pies. This was our only food "assignment" for dinner at my mom's this year, although our own Turkey is thawing in the fridge to be cooked this weekend. (We have to have our own "leftovers.") So, here are the colors and smells of fall, yummy!
Applie Pie:

Pecan Pie:

Pumpkin Pie:

Fabulous fall colors:

What is that red cake, you ask? Well, have you ever heard of Bakerella? She's amazing... my baking inspiration. I am attempting to make Turkey Cake Pops... mmmm....that you'll want to gobble right up too!

3 comments:

THE LIFE OF THE CHRISTENSEN'S said...

You sure are quite the little baker! We will be sure to save the pie assignment for you at Christmas. Cole made our pies last night as well as the famous pretzel salad. Yum Yum.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the turkey pops! I was thisclose to doing them (even bought everything for them) but decided not to subject myself to the stress :) I made the cupcake pops earlier this year and they were a LOT of work. Can't wait to see them!

Mandy said...

The pies look great Holly! We made pecan and Nana's pumpkin pie too! I love you and I missed you yesterday!