Friday, November 21, 2008

LOVE

I have to admit, when I first saw the cast chosen for Twilight and saw some of the trailers I was VERY SKEPTICAL about the movie and was certain I'd be disappointed. Although that is usually the case with a book- turned movie, right? The book is ALWAYS better and the visions in your own head of the characters and the plot are far beyond the Hollywood interpretations?
Well, maybe it's because I was deliriously tired (going to a midnight showing) and got caught up in all the hype last night that the twitterpation bug found me and I was not as disappointed as I thought I would be about this flick. I was pleasantly surprised about the character portrayal! Time seemed to stand still as I watched and I was shocked when it was suddenly over. (Just like when I read the books.) I realized as I was watching that I'm not necessarily in love with Edward (although he is VERY good-looking- and that jaw-line, mm mm...), but I am in love with being in love.... a hopeless romantic. The story line hooks me because I take on the essence and feelings of Bella... falling HARD for something that may inevitably HURT her. It made me want to go home and crawl into bed with Jeff and reminisce about falling in love all over again with him. Unfortunately, when I got home there was a 2 year old Corbin in my spot in the bed.... but I did have good dreams about first love... awe, I'm pathetic, I know. At least I admit it. Now.... to get my hands on that soundtrack...

6 comments:

Kate said...

You're kinda crazy! It was a BAD movie. ;) Time did pass very quickly, but I thought the script and the cast and the acting were sub-par. Oh well! We still had tons of fun!

Unknown said...

I LOVED it. I loved how artistic it was. I'm not sure I would have liked it had I NOT read the books though (and went into it determined to view the movies as separate from the books, too).
There were a few things I didn't like, but overall, I was mesmerized. The emotions were perfect.
Though I was beyond annoyed at all the giggling/loud laughter from the young girls around us. It would have ruined the movie had I let it. THIS IS NOT A FREAKING COMEDY PEOPLE!! I guess I just don't remember the last time I laughed when I saw a cute boy I liked. I mean GEEZ.

Chad and Amanda said...

I had so much fun thanks for inviting me. I loved the movie. I'm sure their were some things they could have done a little better and why they didn't i'm not sure. I guess that's how it always is when it comes to our own imagination versus the movie. Hopefully the next movies that follow will just get better and better.

Tiffanie said...

Holly, I seriously don't get it. How do you have time to read a whole book, be the perfect mom, graduate with a masters degree, and go watch a movie and still function! Youare amazing. I need you to teach me.

Natalie Sue said...

I ditto Tiffanie!!! Glad you had a great time at the movie! I'm a little behind.. I guess I should start reading!

Jennifer Parcell said...

I like you was pleasantly surprised! However, I did not have a two year old in my spot when I came home. I believe that Nick will be in favor of future twilight outings whenever I want! Anyways back to the movie, I felt that it was over rather quick, but I could watch or read this stuff for days! I also was expecting the cheezy parts so I was not shocked when they happened. Only a few parts had that feeling though. I too am a hopeless romantic, and i also get sucked into these kind of books and movies. I would like to blame my sanity in part to these books and movies. I can be a great mom and wife when I allow myself a few breaks from time to time! I am sure that you will agree! Your kids are darling! Pass along other hopeless romantic books so I can keep up on my mushy love stories!