Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Week 38...

Still no baby....uughhh! It's getting old isn't it? I know, we would like to post newborn pictures here rather than prenatal updates, but this little guy must be pretty comfy in there. BUT HIS MOM SURE ISN'T! I've walked 6 miles in the last 24 hours in hopes that something will happen.. and I'm beginning to think I'm nuts because I actually WANT contractions to start. Who would wish that upon themselves? Only a 9-month pregnant lady living in an AZ summer chasing around a near 2-year old, right? Well, after a whole week of antics I am STILL a 2.5 and now effaced 80%. Yippee. So, I asked the Dr. to strip my membranes today and he did. So, hopefully now we'll see some real progress. (Cross your fingers!) In the meantime we are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our new little bundle of joy and trying to enjoy these last few days as a family of 3. It will be fun to watch Corbin emerge as the older sibling, the "big brother", but at the same time it's a little bitter sweet to see my baby boy become so big over night. Oh... the pregnancy emotions and joys of growing a family. Here's to hoping for contractions! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sending "labor dust" your way. And you're right... there's nothing like being pregnant in the summer. I was uncomfortable enough being 9 months pregnant in January... can't imagine doing the same thing in May!

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

I hope it happens soon for you... I remember working on my due date and wanting to cry whenever someone asked me when I was due =) Totally relate on a level with watching Porter grow up so fast... he has changed so much in the last few weeks and looks taller everyday now... I think about another one and then I think I'm crazy cause there is plenty of moments with just him around without trying to split my attention. whats a mom to do?!? someday.

Unknown said...

Being 9 moths pregnant is the worst!!! I have always hated the last stretch of the pregnancy (which is way I always have been induced early). I don't know if you have tried this but I heard the best way to naturally induced labors is _ _ _. That is what my doctor told me. :)

Alicia said...

I've been checking your blog everyday - waiting! hoping! We can't wait for baby to arrive! I almost had Cam call Jeff and ask what the heck is going on over there! lol... we love you and hope you a quick and easy labor - SOON!

Blair Family said...

I hope you are doing great and your baby will come soon. I am totally going to copy your due date poll idea. I hope you don't mind. Good Luck!