Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Corbin's first letters


I know, we are proud parents who like to show off our kid, but what parent doesn't? We just wanted to put a disclaimer in here that we really have no idea why or how Corbin started talking so much and we don't sit down for hours at a time and teach him these things... he picked it up from playing with these foam bath letters, from books, and from a little movie he likes to watch called "Letter Factory" by LeapFrog. He learned some sign language at an early age that has seemed to really launch his processing abilities and that is the only thing we can think to attribute it all to. We would love to take all the credit (since we ARE his parents and thus the source of his genes), but he really came to us this way and neither Jeff nor I were this way when we were 18 months old. We know our next little boy will probably walk in Corbin's shadow the rest of his life and be some kind of artist or musician. :) We'll see. For now, we love to watch Corbin's knowledge and interest bloom.

7 comments:

Tiffanie said...

Inceredible. That boy is too smart. I've heard great things about that letter factory video. I'm sorry he's been sick too. It's good to hear he's starting to feel better.

Natalie Sue said...

Wow! That is so neat. And I absolutely love how he says, "W"! I can't believe he is so big!

Ashley said...

Ammon was the same way! Walking and talking almost complete sentences at 10 months, and knew his colors & signs for them around the same age. Isn't it interesting? My other kids didn't pick it up that quick. I know what you mean about them just coming that way. Fun boys!

Alicia said...

I think you have a baby einstein on your hands... ;)

Farrah said...

Seriously, you need to send the video in to Jay Leno or something, and show him off to the world! He's so smart!

Alicia said...

I have to tell you that I showed these videos to Cameron and he LOVED 'em!

Unknown said...

Are you trying to put me to shame! :)
I'm impressed!