Monday, February 4, 2008

New Prophet & First Presidency Announced

About 48 minutes ago President Thomas S. Monson was announced in a news conference at Church Headquarters in Salt Lake as our new prophet, the 16th president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, who succeeds President Gordon B. Hinckley. The full story is here.His First Counselor is Henry B. Eyring. His Second Counselor is Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
I have complete and full confidence in these men and their testimonies and abilities of being earthly representatives of Jesus Christ to all the world. It is so intriguing to see how the Lord prepares his servants. The vacancy left in the Quorum of the 12 will be filled and announced at a later date.

2 comments:

Blair Family said...

I was a little suprised at the new first Presidency, but I am really excited. What great men to aspire to be like. I am so glad you found me. Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy. So is this number 2? I look forward to keeping in touch. Have a fabulous day.

Anonymous said...

I wish you guys lived here too. I am sad I dont get to see you and see your little one grow up. How are you feeling Holly? I hope you are thru the sickness part. We are still trying. no luck so far. :(
Sorry about having a cousin party without you it was all last minuet that Paul came into town. Next time you come up we will have another one!!!
Love you guys!