Monday, February 25, 2008

Kauai Vacation: Day IV



As Jeff and I were planning our trip I asked Jeff some things he really wanted to do besides just relax since he'd never been to Hawaii. The only thing he specifically mentioned was to find a sea turtle while snorkeling. Well, on Friday (2/15) after Jeff took another Snuba dive, he and Cameron took off snorkeling at Kuhio Shores in search of sea turtles. They found 2 females that morning and Jeff was so excited! While they were out swimming I took off up the coast a mile or two to Spouting Horn and did a little shopping and sight seeing myself... and Jeff joined me later. Of course, I saw more chickens because they are everywhere but this one had just had a ton of new chicks and I thought it was pretty cute how she tried to hide them under her wing when people passed her. Later that night after cleaning up we attended a very nice fundraiser dinner at the local LDS chapel (Cam & Alicia's ward) for the youth. They served a 4 course meal (salmon and ribs) and provided live Hawaiian music. It was awesome. The money donated will go toward sending the young men and women to EFY on Oahu this summer. It's an annual event and we were happy to be a part of it.

0 comments: