Friday, January 11, 2008

The Bosch is...

AMAZING!
So, I am sorry I am not the world's best photographer and I didn't take before, during and after pictures like all those recipe blog sites do, but hey I made LOTS of bread, in many different forms. The Bosch has been on my wish list for years now and fortunately my sweet hubby remembered and got me one the year that Bosch came out with their brand new model (after like 40 years)! I tried it out Christmas day and successfully made some yummy crepes for the whole family and then Orange Julius and Oreo shakes ensued shortly after (yes the blender is part of the mixer) ... and a few days later Jeff made yummy chocolate chip cookies. However, the entire reason I've always wanted a Bosch mixer is to make homemade breads, cinnamon rolls, dinner rolls and other delectable baked goods, but I ran out of flour this week. So, I ventured down to Shar's Kitchen and bought some whole wheat flour (the healthy stuff)... and I watched them put the wheat in the Nutrimill and turn it into 5 lbs of flour right in front of my eyes! It was amazing and smelled so good and was actually warm still when I got it home! Anyway, I got all my ingredients ready and my Bosch fixed up to make 4 or 5 loafs of bread when it dawned on me that I only have 1 bread loaf pan...Duh! Hello? So, I went ahead with my mixing and ended up making 1 large loaf, 1 mini loaf, lots of bread sticks, monkey bread, and lots of rolls. So, word to the wise... think of EVERYTHING before you try using your new appliances in the kitchen. Better luck next time for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know... we don't live that far away from you. Share the joy - deliver some bread! Looks like fun - aren't kitchen gadgets the best?

Natalie Sue said...

Oooooooooo.. I am SO jealous of you. I would love a Bosch! That is amazing! I'm very happy for you! That is the best present ever!

Farrah said...

Don't you love the Bosch? I got one for Christmas too and have been loving mine as well. I have the best cinnamon roll recipe if you ever want it. I haven't made bread yet, but I plan too real soon! Baking is always better when you have a great mixer!

Heather said...

Hey there! Glad we found your blog! Congrats on the second baby on its way... :) We should get together sometime! Also, Josh was curious - is Jeff still at UOP? Hope things are going well!

Kate said...

So IF I had been reading your blog more often, you wouldn't have had to tell me this story today! So glad you got new loaf pans. We should get together... with my mill & your Bosch.... :)