Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Sunday morning I woke to this outside my bedroom window:
Jeff quickly opened the blinds and said, "Look at all that pretty white stuff honey!" To which I replied, "Great... and it begins." (complete with the eye-roll) I had to look out the back door to make sure it was really there.... everywhere, and it was (and still is).
I made my way to the front room where these two cute boys were watching cartoons in their snowman jammies...
...and staring out the front window...
...at this view. (You'd never guess there was a busy street there, would you?)
It has since dropped about 4 more inches on top of Sunday's snow. There's a lot. I'm not sure about it. It's pretty to watch when I'm sitting inside drinking hot coco under a warm blanket, holding my newborn.... but I really dislike walking in it and driving in it. So glad Jeff enjoys shoveling it because we have a BIG driveway! Oh well, it is what it is and listening to Christmas music makes it more bearable... not sure how I'll deal with it after Christmas. I miss AZ!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! A kindred spirit... finally! I hate this "white stuff." It's mean and cold and such a pain. And these temperatures... what in the world?! I'm sorry to say this, but after Christmas, it gets really depressing - especially when it's still snowing into th month of April. At least we can commiserate together now. Us Arizona girls have to stick together :)

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for the boys to really enjoy Utah for its snow! I can't tell you how much fun the kids had when they were little, playing in the snow.

THE LIFE OF THE CHRISTENSEN'S said...

SNOW...SNOW...SNOW. I'm not a fan of the cold and the driving conditions but we are sure glad you guys are here to play in it with us!

Jason and Michelle Ellsworth said...

oh my, i just LOVE that picture of your boys in their little 'onesies' staring out the front window!! its perfect!