Tuesday, December 15, 2009

love.

Love is: watching your little 'peanut' take a long afternoon nap on the couch.
....and admiring his tiny features and mannerisms as you get to know and adore him. I love how he holds his binky in his mouth sometimes....
I love the way he sleeps with his hands above his head with such a serious expression.
... and then suddenly watching that expression turn to a smirky smile.
I even love the frowny, sad, crying expressions because it means he needs me to help figure out what's wrong (i.e.- feed him, change him, burp him, or just hold him).
Sometimes, when you love someone, there really are no words.

There's just love!
Deagan is growing up much too fast for my liking. It really makes me sad....and that's ironic because I didn't feel that way with my other 2 boys. With Corbin and Quinton I couldn't wait for them to grow up and crawl, walk, talk, eat on their own, etc. When they accomplished those milestones I realized just how fast your baby disappears and it made me sad. I'm really trying to relish all the moments I have with this little guy.... holding and cuddling and snuggling him as much as possible. I know it will be gone all too soon, but for now I LOVE it! (And I know I always will no matter how big he/they get.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to eat him up!!! I know why you want him to stay little...you have the three perfect stages for each kid. Enjoy!

THE LIFE OF THE CHRISTENSEN'S said...

Love the pictures! I can't believe how fast he is growing. I am so lucky to have you guys lives so close to us so we can see you all the time!

The Newmans said...

Holly...he is just beautiful! I love those pictures!

Jessica Steed said...

I love the holly on your blog! so cute.

Can I just say that Deagan is so beautiful. I'm glad you're enjoying him.

I may be biased, but I think that having three little boys is the best thing that can happen to anyone. :)

Congratulations again.

Jason and Michelle Ellsworth said...

this is a sweet post. i agree whole-heartedly with everything. (i only have one, but they do grow quickly!) i love the pictures, he's just a handsome little guy!

Chad and Amanda said...

I'm so jealous! I wish I could be there to hold him he is so cute! Hope you guys are doing good. Call me

Chrissy Edwards said...

Hey Holly! What a beautiful group of boys you have there! I totally know what you mean about babyhood going by too fast - my baby is 10 1/2 months...I'm not ready! :)