Sunday, October 26, 2008

Intruders

Funny little story I just had to journal about. Over the past few weeks (or months it seems) we have been finding little intruders in our house in the form of spiders, crickets, pill bugs, mosquitoes, etc. When we catch them Jeff will (in his masculine, protector role) call Corbin over and have him watch as he smashes the little bugs with a shoe or tissue, making sure to include some masculine-sounding noise like "AAUUuuurgh!" as he kills the creature. Then the two of them run to the toilet as Corbin excitedly flushes the bug away and warns, "Bye-bye bug, don't come back in my house!" Then Jeff and Corbin give each other five in their ritualistic way and the bug hunt is over until they spot another intruder.
Well, just now Corbin found a new intruder of sorts.... his very own booger. Yep! He came running up to me and disgustingly said "Look what I found mommy, a booger!" Then, without any prompting he ran to the toilet and wiped it off with some TP and flushed it down the toilet with his traditional declaration, "Bye-bye booger, don't come back in my nose!" So, watch out if you come intruding in our house you might just get flushed down the toilet!

4 comments:

christie said...

I'm glad he didn't consider me an intruder while I was there. What imagination!

Alicia said...

That is so funny! That will be such a great story to tell him (and a future girlfriend, maybe?) someday! What a cute kid!

THE LIFE OF THE CHRISTENSEN'S said...

I love it! The joys of childhood.

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha, that is awesome. Carter on the other hand when we find a bug he yells at me to not hurt it because it's his friend. :)