Monday, September 8, 2008

A quick update...

I apologize about the lack of posts as of late. (Enough politics for now.) I have been taking my Action Research course in which I write the bulk of my "thesis" for my Master's program. Jeff has been transitioning jobs and trying to keep down a schedule as the new ward executive secretary. I have started tutoring again, both of us have doubled up on classes in order to get done sooner, and the boys have been busier than ever. Needless to say, we have had little "free time" on the computer. Anyway, here is a little glimpse of what we've been up to lately:

Both boys are going through growth spurts and have mom super busy keeping up with them around the clock :) but she's trying to relish every minute of it knowing these stages won't last long.

Corbin is more fascinated than ever now by Jesus. We went to a ward activity a few weeks ago at the Mesa Temple Visitors center and saw the Christus statue in which Corbin discovered the nailprints (owies) in Jesus' hands and feet. We then watched a movie about the Savior and Corbin was enthralled. Church has since taken on a whole new meaning for him and Jeff and I love to watch him learn.

He immediately felt the reverence in the room after understanding a little more about Jesus and why it is we speak of Him so often in our home.

We have also enjoyed picnics at the park...

...and the beginning of the BYU football season. Currently the Cougars are 2-0 on their quest for another Mountain West Conference Title. Jeff and I love this time of year when college football begins again because we also know that cooler weather and the holiday season is just around the corner. So many changes are coming our way and although we are so busy in the middle of it all, we are excited for what the future holds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute post... I love the updates of the boys. and good luck with all of your schoolwork - I don't envy you! I can't wait to hear about the posible changes... you'll have to call me sometime to elaborate on the text you sent me a couple weeks back!

THE LIFE OF THE CHRISTENSEN'S said...

I love your pictures! I love to see the boys grow but I wish we were closer to visit more. Hopefully with the busy schedules you guys have now we will still be able to see you at Christmas.

Jennifer Parcell said...

I HOPE THOSE BYU QUEST SHIRTS YOU GOT WERE OFF OF MY BLOG POST I DID