Sunday, August 31, 2008

Jeff's Political Opinion

I personally think it is a sad selection that we have to choose from. Obama looks good in some ways and so does McCain. But I personally have to go with McCain because of what he says about Marriage and how that goes along with our beliefs. Palin is all about Pro-life, is family-oriented as is our church. Obama is fine with recognizing marriage between a man and a man or women and women. That is not what our church teaches us and that is not how I want my kids brought up. Obama to me is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, sorry if that offends anyone. I feel that McCain and Palin would do the best for our country at this time. Palin definitely knows how to take a stand against the mainstream and supports drilling oil in ANWAR, as am I. I think McCain's appointment of Palin heats up this political race for sure, but my vote is that Obama is making too many promises he won't be able to keep-- which will just be more of the SAME in Washington. I'll definitely be watching this race a little closer and studying the issues on both sides, as the Church has requested all of us to do.

6 comments:

Kate said...

I know I just commented on the previous post, but I just want to say that in our house, we're of the same political opinion as Jeff. :)

Unknown said...

I have to say I agree with you Jeff. As I'm sure that Obama is a nice and impressive man, but as for the issues McCain's is more along the line where I stand (and for what I feel will be best for the country and my children).

Tiffanie said...

Amen! Amen!

Joe and Heidi said...

I think that alot of people will agree with you. But unfortunately I feel we are all in a loose loose situation. No one that I totally agree with or trust to run our country is going to run our country. bye the way hi and hope its ok that I check out your blog from time to time. Your family is so cute. I love Corbins eyes.

Jennifer Parcell said...

i would have to say that i do agree with you and hope for the best for our country

Rachel Mae said...

I think it's important to remember that we believe in separation of church and state. You could say that's the definition of religious freedom. And just like we wouldn't want the government telling us how to worship, I don't see why we feel the need to try to legislate our doctrine.

Furthermore, why do we often have such a narrow definition of the term "moral issues"? Why isn't taking care of the poor among us, for example, as Christ did considered a moral issue worth taking into consideration in a potential president?